[geeks] upgrade

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 29 12:21:54 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 02:44:43PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 03:36:59PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   Were you naked?    [dave ducks]
>
> I just hope he beta-tested the equipment before he signed the
> contract to buy it. 8-)

Well, I believe I have made my views about this pretty clear.
However, the way you worded that made me start thinking about
comparing relationships to big deals like SAP.  You can't really test
SAP. All you can do is observe it in action, find out all you can
about it, and then decide whether or not to commit your company
permenantly to it.  Any beta testing is a bad way to evaluate since
you aren't fully commited to it, and so it can't do everything it
might be able to do.

--
Joshua D. Boyd