[geeks] Go Apple....

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Jul 29 11:10:24 CDT 2002

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>A lot of BASIC programmers don't have the concepts either.  It is
>possible to be a real programmer in BASIC, I think, but not all BASIC
>programmers are real programmers.

I think of Basic as having the disadvantages of assembler without
the advantages, and with a thick coat of glossy paint thrown
over it.

>I have seen some very masterful displays of programming done in
>AlphaBASIC (a derivitive of business basic, that runs on the Alpha
>Micro mini computer), a language that is amazingly bad (arguably worse
>that VB in my opinion).

And Business Basic traces its lineage back to the MAI Basic Four
minicomputers of the 70s. Imagine an AS/400 that made you work in
basic rather than RPG.

Ugh.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------