[geeks] Go Apple....

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jul 28 21:30:44 CDT 2002

On July 28, dave at cca.org wrote:
> I would argue that the concepts are different between the major
> branches of languages (the Algol family, the Lisp family, stack
> languages, and weirdo AI languages).
>
> Learning to program in C certainly makes picking up Fortran,
> Pascal, or Java easy, but it's not going to help you understand
> Scheme very much.

  Shyeah.  I've looked at Scheme about four times.  It makes my head
hurt.  I REALLY want to learn it, but I just can't seem to wrap my
brain around functional programming!

  Sridhar groks it pretty well, and has suggested learning Standard ML
as an entry to functional programming.  Perhaps that will help.

     -Dave