[geeks] Rack Mount = 50db +

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Fri Jul 26 13:19:35 CDT 2002

Leo Green gorpa duppa meego zook:

> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:
>
> %>she's right; I can tell you that. My computers at 60dB are slowly killing
> %>my hearing as it is.
>
> You know, they DO make great earplugs that don't kill your ability to
> hear detail.  A company called "Eytmotic Research" makes some AWESOME
> earplugs, used mostly by muscians, but they require a custom fit.
> (One of the perks of dating a speech pathologist; she got me into the office
> to get a custom fit for my set almost on demand.)

Active Noise cancellation.  Why don't they have little
coffee-bean-grinder-sized units that sit on your desk, and emit inverted
waveforms of whatever their microphones pick up.  I remember about 10
years ago Walker was working on an electronic muffler for cars based on
this. C'mon now...are we not geeks, can't we make this work?

--
Here's that flapjack                      ........Eric J. Gustafson
Put it in your pocket, 'til I get back    .........................
Ain't got time to shake your hand         .........drobnox at visi.com