just an other Linux rant (was: Re: [geeks] fw)

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Thu Jul 25 15:52:51 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 03:36:07PM -0400, mattyml at daemons.net wrote:

> How do you figure? Just because it does not size on the fly, or have
> a nice pretty GUI to change it? The functionality is there, you just have
> to enable it manually :)

Not so much that it doesn't size it on the fly... well, there is that. An OS
should be able to make more intelligent decisions than that. Plus, the
number is completely arbitrary, as far as I know.

The thing that really irked me was that I had an application crash when it
ran into this memory limit, on a box with more than enough memory.

David