[geeks] fw

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jul 25 12:35:34 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.25 19:00 mattyml at daemons.net wrote:

> Security through obscurity is not a solution either. I read an
> interesting article about detecting remote OSs,
[...]
Yes, of course. But you have to know that there is somthing else than
Linux on i386, you have to probe (maybe this probe can be catched by an
intrusion detection system) and you have to adapt your intruder. Most
script kiddies will fail at this. (At least I hope that they will fail.
;-)  )
At last: A firewall is only as good as its administrator, regardless of
the soft- / wardware its based on.
--

tsch,
         Jochen