[geeks] Rack Mount = 50db +

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jul 24 20:27:48 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 18:35:36 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Rack Mount = 50db +
>
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:23:48PM -0700, Leo Green wrote:
> I highly suspect that ambient noise here is over 60db.  Probably not
> damaging, but man does it drive me insane.

I had a really ancient window AC unit, and a Sun 3/260 as my
workstation, in my home office the first summer I worked from home.  Now
that was enough noise to give me headaches, even after I disconnected
all but three of the nine fans in the Sun....

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>