[geeks] fw

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jul 24 17:29:24 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 05:54:54PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On July 25, alex at r2e.lt wrote:
> > u know i was thinking about linux 2.5.* kernel just becose there is implemented
> > interupt mitigation
>   All the interrupt mitigation in the world won't give it the stability
> it needs to be an effective firewall.

At $orkplace[-2] we had a Linux box for our firewall.  It was never the
cause of any unintended downtime.  Linux is *not* unstable.

Having said that, I wouldn't go for the 2.5 series kernels.  They're for
developers, not for real-world use.  Use 2.4 or 2.2.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

             If a job's worth doing, it's worth dieing for