[geeks] QUIET Network Switch

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jul 24 08:57:18 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, July 23, 2002 at 16:05:41 (-0400), Joshua D Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] QUIET Network Switch
>
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:59:29PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > [ On Tuesday, July 23, 2002 at 13:37:27 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> > > Subject: Re: [geeks] QUIET Network Switch
> > >
> > > This is called an "enclosed cabinet", BTW. 8-)
> >
> > Trouble is my cabinet fans are pretty much noisier than all the devices
> > in the cabinets combined!  ;-)
>
> So, swap in a new cabinet cooling system.  Perhaps a water cooling
> system (not sure how that work in this case), or perhaps duct cool air
> in from another location.  My personal favorite method would be to
> just move the rack elsewhere.  But then, that isn't practicle for me either.

In case you missed all my previous posts about my home infrastructure:

	The gear is already in the basement.

:-)

(I suppose my attempt at sarcasm about placement of noisy devices was
really too feeble this time.... ;-)

Of course there's so much gear down there that with the added noise from
the AC in the summer it's noticable even in the rooms directly upstairs....

I really do need to get a quieter fan for this sparcstation though....

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>