[geeks] QUIET Network Switch

James Rice jrice at texoma.net
Tue Jul 23 20:50:39 CDT 2002

I've got a Netgear 16 port switch, a 16 port 10/100 hub and a 24 port
10BT hub in my  closet at home.  The switch and the dual speed hub both
have fans and are very quiet. I don't need  a managable switch here, so
the Netgears are fine. I paid less than $60.00 for the switch and a hair
over $30.00 for the dual speed hub on ebay.  I picked up the 24 port
last year for about $10.00, also on ebay.  They are all the 500 series,
rack mount cases.

The Netgear fans are very common size, often used on high end video
cards.  I replaced the fans in a customer's hub with some $1.99 surplus
bb fans from Tanners.

On another note, I'm all bummed out tonight.  Last week a stupid b---h
pulled out in front of me,.  She failed  to yield on a non-protected
turn on Canton at Good-Latimer in dt Dallas.  I hit her and now her
insurance is refusing to return my calls.  I have a witnress, a Dallas
cop that was following me and saw the whole thing.  Guess it's ambulance
chasing lawyer time.  I think my truck is totaled.  And to top it all
off, my 21" Mitsubishi monitor on my XP 1800 just crapped out.

James