[geeks] QUIET Network Switch

Kevin Lee kevin at c0rp.com
Tue Jul 23 19:44:15 CDT 2002

cold solder joints?
thermal issues?

K.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt Huhn" <kurt at k-huhn.com>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [geeks] QUIET Network Switch

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:03:54PM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> > I need to purchase a 12 or 24-port switch 10 or 100MB rack-mountable
> > switch that is quiet.  Any suggestions?  Cisco 29xx's are too loud,
> > Compaq Netelligents sound like a jet plane... anybody?
>
> NetGear.

Yep.  Not bad little switches.  Gonna get me one when I get to OH and start
setting up all the systems - my 3Com switch seems to have truly bitten the
dust.  Funny thing about that POS, it pukes and goes down hard, but if you
leave it off for a week or so it'll power on and work fine for a couple
months
- then puke again  for no apparent reason.  This time it never came back
from
the pukage...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie