[geeks] QUIET Network Switch

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jul 23 15:42:43 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 01:55:01PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > Put sound-insulating material on the inside of the doors of the cabinet?
> There are fans in the top.

So?  Thats still less noise bouncing around.

An example:

The air intake for our central heat and air system is (of course) under
the platform the system sits on:

http://gallery.mrbill.net/view_photo.php?set_albumName=installation&id=0101_032
http://gallery.mrbill.net/view_photo.php?set_albumName=installation&id=0101_029

When they cut out the old platform to build the new one, they put down
sound-deadening insulating material on the *concrete floor* before he put
the new wood platform in.  I asked him why:

"Thats so the sound from the fan and blower doesent bounce off the concrete -
 just cuts down on the noise a bit."

Bill

--
bill bradford       /       mrbill at mrbill.net       /       austin, texas