[geeks] Exabyte tape library EXB-120 (trade or need part!)

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Jul 22 19:08:36 CDT 2002

I have an exabyte tape library for trade.

It has 4 drives (the older style 8mm drives that are full height with the
door). It holds 110 tapes. No targeting blocks.

It worked when I got it, but fails the power on sequence. The model is the
EXB-120 I believe. The power on sequence stops with an error code that
syas that the door solinoids aren't firing -- when really they
do. Something is borked with it's ability to measure current draw for the
door solinoids.

If anyone knows of one being scrapped, and can get access to the lower
board in the back of the cabinet -- please let me know.

If not, and your interested in it -- I'd be willing to trade it for
one of the following:

SVHS/VHS industrial stereo video decks, rackmount microphone preamps,
rackmount UPS action, Sun Netra T1, IBM or a VaLinux rackmount computer,
rackmount PC cases (ATX generics!), overhead ladder rack action (12" wide
x 10' long sections!), relay racks, etc.

Exabyte sent me the service manual. Before I trade it/sell it I need to
scan the service manuals and stuff to make an archive, I might have the
only known copy out there.

It is in the cabinet and on wheels. Located in Southeastern Virginia
(Virginia Beach).

				-- Ethan