[geeks] Newspaper (fwd)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jul 20 08:22:09 CDT 2002

David Cantrell wrote:

> What is a "rate of speed"?  The only times I hear people say that are coppers
> who are obviously nervous standing in front of TV cameras and so fumbling
> their words.

It's an easy way to say "obviously going faster than the posted limit, but I
don't know exactly how fast".  It is actually a basis for a lot of moving
violations tickets here in the states - as well as "driving too fast for
conditions".

> And what's a "straight of way"?

AKA straightaway - a long stretch of straight road...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster