[geeks] Weeeh

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jul 19 16:41:21 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:00:04 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> I kinda like the idea.  A few people liked the idea, but more are
> pushing for the singing under her window one.  I'm not sure I'll be
> able to pull it off as smoothly as I'm picturing it, but then, does
> anyone?
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

You know, for me, the proposal isn't a clear memory.  Neither is the
wedding.  Not sure why, but both are kinda fuzzy.  I have decided it
must be a male/female brain thing, proposals and weddings are things
guys do for their women, cause women remember them, but guys don't.
Maybe it is just me.

My personal thoughts are that the proposal should be done privately, and
experience has taught me the wedding should be very close to private.  I
mean why do those relatives you only see once a decade need to be there
anyway?  I was really amused by the people who complained about where we
held the reception, it was upstairs, and a bit inconvenient for some
people, but my thought was if personal comfort mattered more to them
than being there, then I couldn't care less if they were there or not.
Of course there were people who grumbled about a dry reception also, but
once again, if the refreshment they were provided was that significant,
they were at the wrong party.

Tim