[geeks] YAY!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 19 22:29:02 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:22:41PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Ryan wrote:
> >Now what to do with my PC (P III 800,
> >512 MB RAM, Creative Live, GeForce II)?
>
> One word - GAMES! ;-)

Well, the one thing that I know the PC is genuinely better at than
many platforms is bit rotations.  IE, crypto.  So buy a nice machine
(say a PReP machine), move the graphics card, excess RAM, and sound
card to that,  and dedicate the PC as a crypto processor running
openBSD.

Does any other platform have rotates?   To my understanding, SPARCS of
any sort don't, and PPC chips don't.  Don't know about anything else
though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd