[geeks] My first ebay sale

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Fri Jul 19 15:41:25 CDT 2002

with a hub, when a packet goes from one mqachine to another it gets
transmitted to all machines on the hub.

with a switch, when a packet goes from one machine to another it only goes
to the target machine, so it is possible to have 4 pairs of machines on a
10/100 switch talking to each other at 100 , full duplex, at the same time :)