[geeks] single sign-on, centralized auth

Simeon Johnston simeonuj at indivisuallearning.com
Fri Jul 19 09:04:39 CDT 2002

This is what we use here.  We have a Win2k server doing domain control
with winbind setup on several samba servers.  As well as doing VPN auth
and soon to do wireless vpn auth thingy too.
:-)
We don't use Solaris here though, and the IRIX machine hasn't been setup
yet.
Though Linux will use the domain logins (I can login and get a shell
using my domain user :-)

I've never used Solaris but it seems to me that if you can get samba and
PAM working correctly it would work fine accross all the servers.
There is even a patch for Netatalk to use samba users (or PAM or
something like that.  I didn't set this up so I can't remember exactly
what the patch does)..
So, basically, we have one domain controller that authenticates
Netatalk/Samba and VPN connections.

sim