[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Thu Jul 18 14:29:16 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:13:27 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Happy pointy clicky worlds are fine, as long as they occur on Macs or
> assorted smalltalk/lisp machines.  We have nothing against happines or
> pointy clicky worlds, just windows, intel, and IDE.

I have nothing against Intel.  I prefer other processors in my
computers, but the 8 bit stuff was/is nice, both the processors (8085
etc.) and the controllers (80[35]1 and relatives). They are some of the
easiest controllers I have ever used, and there is a nice bunch of
compatible interface chips, etc.  Even a compatible math chip, but last
I looked that was way pricey.

Tim