[geeks] LaBrea

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 17 15:13:15 CDT 2002

On July 17, Eric Dittman wrote:
> >   Yes.  Fortunately, with all the scandalous mess going on, the world
> > is starting to pay attention to what sort of crooks are running
> > America's companies.  I wonder what will come of all this.
>
> I think the suits will just find another way to continue business
> as usual.  Remember the public has a short attention span, and the
> next big scandal or tragedy will make them forget the current
> scandal with Enron, Worldcom, etc.

  Yes, this sucks.  The only thing that gives me hope, though, is that
there are SO MANY of these things blowing up...Enron, WorldCom, Xerox,
Merck...they're coming out of the woodwork.  I'm optimistically hoping
that there will be enough fallout from this to prompt the people to
demand a change.  A *real* change.

       -Dave