[geeks] Cisco "firewall" solutions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 17 04:13:11 CDT 2002

Okay.. I'm looking for the easiest way to do this *without* having to
build up a SPARC or PC-based machine with two ethernet interfaces and
use IPFilter.

I've got a DSL connection with static IP addresses here at the house
(switched over to statics yesterday), but its a *bridged* connection -
not routed...

Does Cisco make a product/router with two ethernet interfaces, that I
can use *unnumbered*/transparenty to protect the systems on my network?

E.g., plug this in between the DSL bridge (SpeedStream 5360) and the
switch that the rest of my network is on?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford