Learning was Re: [geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Tue Jul 16 18:32:35 CDT 2002

>   I'm not suggesting starting by studying the physics of how electrons
> move through wires...but I WOULD suggest learning about what a
> microprocessor is and how they work.  Have James dig you up a
> single-board computer with a hex keypad & display, and key in some
> hand-assembled programs that just blink lights or count or something.

Hmmmm.  I've got one buried at my mom's place.  for the life of me, I
can't remember who made it.  I remember once someone saying "Hey, that
would be worth a lot on ebay!", though.  It wasn't a Heathkit
trainer...Acorn...no...ROCKWELL!

 - James

--
"It wasn't deja vu.  I was merely having a Brannon Braga moment" - Jennifer Sharp