[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 16 14:52:12 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:48:40PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:

> > > What kind of deranged pervert reads their mail in a proportional font!?!?
> >
> >   A lot of people who run Windows, apparently.
> >

> How many of the windows weenies actually know what the term "proportional
> font" means?

Well, my sister and mother, and additionally, every single windows
weenie in the MU Art dept, the Pennsylvania School or Art and Design,
and Franklin and Marshal, not to mention the windows weenies in any
competent design firm, etc.

But, the more pedantic of them would say that you should use the term
"typeface".  And that it should be the typeface control panel, not the
font control panel.  A font is a specific combination of typeface,
size, weight, etc.

--
Joshua D. Boyd