[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jul 16 10:51:15 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> But you are creating a circle that hits the three points, you aren't
> saying that the 3 points are actually a circle.

6 or a half-dozen.  If a circle can be created using 3 points, then the three
points can be called a circle - if qualified in engineering terms.  You don't
need to create three seperate lines to create a shape from the points, a single
curved line can be sufficient.  Similar to how a surface can be described as a
surface and vice-versa...

It's all a matter of symantics, I supposed.  Especially swince we're both
trying to apply engineering terms to a sociological situation.  I don't think
there is a right or wrong answer...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster