[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Jul 16 09:37:09 CDT 2002

lists at pellucidar.net writes:

>On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:22:33 -0400
>Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:

>> I just heard something I never thought I would hear on the radio. The
>> statement was "and here is some CLASSIC U2"

>Yeah, I have noticed my preferred music is now slipping into the
>classics, or worse yet the oldies stations.

My record collection is split about evenly into three boxes:
motown/oldies, 70s rock/early punk/new wave, and modern
(hardcore/post-hardcore). It's about an even split.

>Classic, that's pretty good for the band that commercialized
>"alternative"

They've been around a long time, and they've gone through some
changes. "Classic U2" is a perfectly reasonable way to refer to
their early music. It doesn't mean "Classic rock". Personally, I
think "I Will Follow" was the last decent thing they did. :-)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------