[geeks] Am I getting too old or something.....

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 15 20:40:44 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 07:13:34PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Yeah that's fucked up.  Not to one-up you or anything, but in Laurel
> Mall about 1.5yrs ago I overheard two kids in the parking lot as we
> passed by a car whose stereo was playing "Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns
> 'n Roses.  One of the kids said "man, oldies!"

Dude, _Appetite for Destruction_ came out in 1987.  Thats.. fifteen years
old.  That was before some of these kids were even *BORN*.

(Anyway, isnt the "classic" rule for cars, computers, etc, 20 years?)

Dammit, now I have to go find that MP3.  The second song [1] I ever learned
how to play on guitar was "Sweet Child of Mine".  Walked into my first
guitar lesson, said "teach me how to play that intro..."

Bill

[1] First song was "Smoke on the Water", of course. [2]

[2] Third song was KISS' "Dr. Love", played an octave higher since
    I didnt have a bass.

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net