[geeks] digicam envy

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jul 15 10:01:38 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:46:39AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Interesting.  I've always wondered why most firewire cards have a shitpile of
> ports on the back.  Is that why?

I think that is mostly because most cards have a small hub on them.
Kinda like most USB cards offer 4 ports, but are really only 2 chanels
because they have 2 hubs on it.

> So good-old SCSI seems like a better choice - or FC, of course.  I'd love to do
> FC on my SGIs - if I ever get off my ass and Just Do It.

It seems that way.  I don't know the ins and outs of why firewire is
problematic for more than 1 device in simultaneous usage, I've just
seen the results.

--
Joshua D. Boyd