[geeks] digicam envy

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jul 15 09:46:39 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Firewire, it seems, isn't see good if you have more than 1 device on
> it.  Even though firewire seems like it should be more than fast
> enough, you can't copy video from a firewire camera to a firewire
> harddrive via a computer reliably.  There will be hicups, glitches,
> etc.  To make it work, the devices need to be on seperate chanels.
> But, if every firewire device needs to be on a seperate chanel, then
> you are loosing out on the main benefits.

Interesting.  I've always wondered why most firewire cards have a shitpile of
ports on the back.  Is that why?

So good-old SCSI seems like a better choice - or FC, of course.  I'd love to do
FC on my SGIs - if I ever get off my ass and Just Do It.

--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster