[geeks] Ebay break

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Jul 14 22:24:57 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 09:52:50PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 10:46:07PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I just got a bunch of VCDs I ordered, and they were all burned
> > copies.  Sigh.  If I wanted burned copies, I would have gotten a
> > friend to make them.  I wanted the real thing.  Besides, selling
> > burned copies on ebay is against the rules (not to mention generally
> > illegal).
>
> You expected to get anything OTHER than burned copies when you ordered
> VCDs from somewhere?

There are official VCDs.  I can order official VCDs.  VCDs are more
popular still (probably because they been around longer) is some
places, and I always prefer subtitles anyway.  So, in short when I say
a picture from the cover of the boxed set, and I paid half what the
boxed set would cost retail for what I assumed were used disks, I
thought that it would be a boxed set.

As I said, if I wanted a burned copy, I would have gotten it for free
from $friend who bought the boxed set.

--
Joshua D. Boyd