[geeks] Public Apology

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Jul 13 16:30:43 CDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Ryn wrote:
> For desktop machines, I see no reason to purchase SCSI disks. Most IDE
> drives support command queuing and bus mastering (depends on the IDE
> controller). What I/O advantage are you seeing in comparison to your
> friend?

oh, i dunno... i'm using eight year old drives that have *balls*. 28MB/s
balls. That and I have enough drives and an AMI MegaRAID (ooh - cachy
thingy with RAM and a provision for a battery) to make an uber-subsystem
that is fault tolerant and $weenie has an IDE RAID he's not even taking
advantage of:

me: "i guess your data isn't that important."
him: "oh, it is..."
me: "riiiiiiight."