[geeks] The insanity of this world

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jul 12 05:20:24 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:59:12AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
> Well it did go to a hearing, but the judge agreed with my lawyer that it was
> a tad ridiculous. I'm sure that if it had gone to a jury I would be
> financially ruined either way, because if the jury doesn't rape you your
> lawyer will. I prefer the British system where the plaintiff pays for the
> defendants legal defense if they loose.

Here, buildings and/or content insurance often include public liability and
legal fees cover too, so you're still sorted even if you're awarded costs
but they can't pay.  My contents cover includes a million pounds of liability
cover and legal cover for civil cases where I am the defendant.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  emacs: for a brave GNU Word
             -- cdevers, in #london.pm