[geeks] Re: RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Jul 11 10:33:43 CDT 2002

> On a serious note: Milk is bad for kitty's digestive system.  Cats,
> like some humans, are lactose intolerant. Too much can lead to bad
> things happening to kittypoo later on. Please be kind to kitty and
> don't give her dairy.

Our cats throw up if they get too much milk, so they only
get a taste.  They prefer Wendy's Frosties, anyway, although
too much of that makes them throw up, too, and that will
stain a carpet.

> We have a problem with Spaz and string cheez. She can be in another
> part of the house dead asleep and when she hears the zip of a string
> cheez opening she is IMMEDIATELY in your face. She particularly likes
> to sit on the backs of the office chairs to drool in your hair and
> purr loud enough to vibrate your brains out of your ears.  OTOH we
> have taught her the kitty version of beg (Don't tell her that, the
> command is meercat.).  But if/when we do have string cheez she only
> gets a tiny, tiny bit.

I've got one cat that I've trained to stand up.  If she sees me
making the "stand up" gesture, she runs over to stand up rather
than standing up where she is.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net