[geeks] Re: RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jul 10 20:21:23 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:39:56 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Taking cheerios neat.  Never heard neat used for cheerios before, but
> I like it.  I just wish that the local markets hadn't stopped carrying
> the cheap bagged cereal knockoffs of cherios that cost a buck instead
> of $3.  I actually like "neat" cheerios, and as an added advantage, no
> one at home does so that don't disappear on me.

I'm sorry.  There are no decent knockoffs of cheerios.  In fact, my mom
used to try sneaking them by us by putting them in the tupperware after
having had cheerios in it.  I can tell by the sound when you pour them.
All the substitutes are harder, and sound different.  And on the topic
of cereal, when I was a kid KIX was good, then a few decades ago they
decided to compete with the sugar cereals, and removed all the sugar
from the dough, and spray it on the outside, so the actual sugar content
didn't change.  Now they make the milk sweet, and the texture is all
wrong.  Haven't had them since.

No, I'm not fussy about my cereal. :-)

Tim