[geeks] WTB: "Blue and White" G3 Mac

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 10 18:34:08 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:28:35PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Can this not be done under Solaris?  I know that Sun's JavaVideo API can
> read/write Quicktime movies, and Real makes server software for Solaris,
> so it would only seem natural that something could be made to work
> without -too- much effort, if you're just looking for automated batch
> conversion.

The RealProducer software for Solaris only supports UNCOMPRESSED
Quicktime files.  I dont have a couple terabytes of drive space lying
around. 8-)

(already went down that road, AppleScript + RealProducer Plus on Mac is
 the easiest way to do it - they even provide Applescript examples for
 you...  I just dont want to tie up my main box with it)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net