[geeks] Re: RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 10 13:36:13 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:42:08PM -0500, Amy wrote:

> We all went through adolescence. I'd say we all know what a pit of
> self-loathing is like. The difference is, some of us got over it and some
> of us are addicted to the attention that that public self-loathing brings.

And some people never got over it but learned not to be public about it.

Whoops. There I go talking about non-technical topics again.  Bad
Joshua, bad!

> That's a cop-out. As far as I'm concerned, every human being has two
> choices. They can eat chicken shit or chicken salad for lunch. It's a
> persons' *choice*. There are no different rules. Some people choose to be
> miserable because it gives them pitypoints instead of picking their
> fucking feet up and standing on 'em. That's what you have to do to get
> over it. Pick up your feet and stand on em instead of leaning on someone
> else's emotional walking stick.

Can I have the chicken alfredo slice of pizza instead?  Unfortunately
they didn't have that at the pizza place today.

Anyway, it's much more rewarding for life to suck and have other
people notice and be concerned without you pointing out to them that
it sucks.  But that won't happen if you point out that your life sucks.

> I think I'm gonna call bullshit on this one. I'll denigrate whomever and
> whatever I like when I see that they consistently refuse to listen to
> logic/help because they enjoy the attention saying "I R DUMB" brings on.

So, what exactly happens when you call bullshit?  I keep picturing
something like from Nickelodeon but instead of a bucket of green slime
dumping, it is something else (slimely, but most likely not green
unless there was intestinal trouble that day).

--
Joshua D. Boyd