[geeks] Re: RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Wed Jul 10 12:52:28 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On July 10, Amy wrote:
>
>>>I'm sorry, but I have to call "Bullshit!" here. Anyone capable of uttering
>>>this statement is a person who has been given by the Fates a free pass
>>>through the hell that is true, deep, soul-destroying Depression with a
>>>capital 'D'.
>>
>>And at this point it's all self-induced and continued. I can't speak for
>>the majority of folks here, but I have a very low tolerance for those who
>>wallow in self-pity because they're too afraid/whatever to change their life.
>

>   I generally agree with this, but you must admit that there are lots of
> situations in which circumstances can blind a person to the fact that
> they actually have the power to change their life.

True.  That's why I took so much time responding to Dwight's original
post.  You've gotta get these people off your back before you can move
quickly.

Letting people ride you like that would be like porting Windows to Cray
and saying everything's fine.  At that point you're just waiting for the
blue screen of death.

Mike Hebel