[geeks] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Wed Jul 10 01:16:12 CDT 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> For those of you who've never seen a VT1200 with a VRE01 plasma
> display:
>
> http://gallery.mrbill.net/view_album.php?set_albumName=vre01

Funky display, really.

I once had a Toshiba T3200-something (386sx-16) "portable" with a plasma
display. "portable" in that sense that you could unplug the powercord
from the machine and throw it in a bag. (well, LIFT it in a bag)

Horrible performance, even slower than most 286's out there. Two
ISA-slots, standard 3.5" IDE-drive (which ofcourse was locked in BIOS to
handle 40, 80 and 120MB disks, nothing else), 3.5" floppy, nice keyboard
and this absolutely awesome plasma display. I mean, I wouldn't have
traded this plasma for ANY LCD by that time. Nice orange two-colored
display. Well, actually three.. black, darker orange and lighter orange.
It was fun playing Leisure Suit Larry or Space Quest on this one. :-)
I had a modem in this baby, internal ISA. Did some BBS'ing, but then it
just sat there collecting dust, until some weeks later when I sold it.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB