[geeks] Rip-off computer rental companies

Martijn Pronk martijn at smartie.xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 9 16:43:42 CDT 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Martijn Pronk wrote:
>
>>Other place has some Ultras, but also in my opinion to expensive.
>>Over $1000 for an Ultra 5... Minimal price for an Ultra 10: $1400...
>>

> Jeezuz!  That's darn close to original retail!  Who in the hell would pay that?

I guess nobody, I saw the HP mentinoed earlier for sale about 8 months
ago... The first thought was "Wow! If I can sell my HP at this price I
can buy a mac..."

I just looked a bit further, one of these weasels has an Origin 2000 for
sale, with one or two entries below an Octane for a price very close to
the Origin... (Octane 18.500 Euro, Origin 22.000 Euro...)

- Martijn