[geeks] Woot

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jul 9 09:00:37 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:56:07AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 09:52:01AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Combine items 2 and 3 together, and I now have a PSX dev kit, minus
> > compilers, etc (GCC toolchain, BTW).  Wheee!!!!
> > And the whole thing is only setting me back $14.50 shipped directly
> > from hong kong.
>
> I know Linux runs on the PSX*2*, but I dont think it does on the PSX.

Err, who said anything about linux?  GCC is just what Sony chose to
use to build a cross compiler.  So I'm running GCC on a windows or
NetBSD machine (alright, or linux), then do a bit more processing to
the output from ld, then either build a CD to run on the PS or use a
special boot CD that just boots and downloads the program to run from
the serial port.

--
Joshua D. Boyd