[geeks] Keyring

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jul 9 05:36:28 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:02:22PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> Leon and "The Professional" are actually fairly different movies... =)
> I picked up the Leon DVD, and the stuff they cropped out changes the
> tone of a bunch of the american movie =)

This is unfortunately very common.  Look at the different versions of
Brazil, for instance.

On the subject of US versions of films - for some reason, a bunch of the
DVDs I bought recently had both the US and the UK trailers on them.  I
now declare US film trailers to be officially shit.

Particularly shit is the trailer for Desperado (which I didn't actually
buy, I just got it free with El Mariachi, which is a far superior film),
which proudly announces itself as being subtitled, and then proceeds to
not have a single spoken word in it.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

     Gehyrst u, slida, hwt is folc sege?