[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Mon Jul 8 23:32:58 CDT 2002

YAY! Finally someone with a brain. I get so fucking tired of hearing
my mother-in-law tell me, "James is a Genius!" but in the next
sentence she puts him down by saying, "But he has absolutely no common
sense." My own parents said this about me. I think this is total
gooddamned bullfuckingshit. (sorry for the foul language but JEEZ does
it make me mad.) I finally looked my MIL right in the eye one day
after she said that and said to her, "Dianne, James does have common
sense. He just sees the world in a completely different way than you
or anyone else. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean
it doesn't make sense to the rest of us." She seemed a little
flabbergasted (no surprise sense noone has ever stood up to her
before) and shut up. I have never heard a word out of her about it
since. Nor have I heard that kind of crap about my 10 year old nephew
who also happens to be extremely intelligent.  I think that my MIL was
just jealous that her kid was smarter than she is (which doesn't take
much, my 19 week old fetus is smarter than her) and she was just
looking for some way to be smarter/better than him. It was the same
with my siblings and parents. They hated it because I was smarter and
better educated. As far as I am concerned, they can all go to hell.

Jennifer Sharp

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Pregnant Woman."  -- James Sharp