[geeks] BWA HAH HAH HAH

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Mon Jul 8 18:07:52 CDT 2002

I've seen everything.

So I get called down to our server room to provide information security
support to an installation of $large_vendor's SAN Solution *cough
EYE-BEE-EM cough*.

$tech1 needs to copy $largefile from his laptop to $large_san_server.
$large_san_server is running Win2k.

$tech1 and $tech2 agree that the fastest way would be to copy $largefile
to $keychain-USB-disk-device.

$tech2 copies $largefile to $keychain and then plugs $keychain into USB
port of $large_san_server.

$large_san_server blue screens.

/me comments:
"Gee, you wouldn't see a UNIX kernel do that."

/me gets dirty looks.

How do you bring $1MM worth of SAN equipment running Windows 2000 Server
to it's knees?

Plug in a USB keychain device!

I need to go laugh myself silly now.