[geeks] Kickass old Mac games

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 8 14:56:37 CDT 2002

~ When I was a young one playing it on my mother's KayproII CPM machine
~ (with 8086 coprocessor card for running MS-Dos hacked into the case in
~ such a way that a hole was left on top where the card stuck out
~ partway), I was beaten soundly around the ears by that infernal maze.
~
~ --
~ Joshua D. Boyd

There were two mazes....

"You are lost in a maze of twisty passages, all alike".

and

"You are lost in a maze of twisty passages, all different".

The solution of each maze is different, and one has the battery vending
machine (save your coins) and one has the pirates booty stash. You must
navigate both mazes to complete the game, unless you avoid the pirate and
work so fast your lamp doesn't run out. It always struck me as odd that the
lamp appears to be an oil lamp but requires batteries.