[geeks] A different kinda rescue

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 8 11:26:40 CDT 2002

I made a big kitchen score over the weekend.

I got the wife (and myself) a Jenn-Air range (slide-in form factor, aka
cooktop/oven combo). In classic geek/rescue fashion it was a used unit in
the want-ads. $100.00 got me a 10 year old Designer Series (the classic
Jenn-Air) with two coil cartridges, a complete grill cartridge, rotisserie,
deepfryer cartridge and griddle. My wife is scouring Ebay for the glass-top
cartridges (found some cheap).

This thing is sooo freakin cool. It weighed 3 times what the old stove
weighed and is black glass-front and stainless steel. I haven't hooked up
the downdraft vent yet, but I will.

The wealthy woman who owned it hardly ever cooked. A quick
degreasing/cleaning and the thing looks totally new. I need to replace the
clock/timer ($160.00 and available) sometime, as its broken.

I know there are lots of cooks here, so somebody should understand my
excitement.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751