[geeks] Apple at it again

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 5 22:49:33 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 09:52:56PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> >They bought Emagic, makers of high end audio software Logic Audio.
> >
> >Anyone want to bet on what they will buy next?  I see they still don't
> >own any 3D animation software...
> >

> My boss is REALLY PISSED about that. He just bought Logic (for > $1000)
> and they are discontinuing the Windows version in September.

I don't blame Apple for discontinueing the windows versions of
anything they buy.  I personally wish they would keep any other
versions though (like say the linux and irix versions of shake,
chalice, and rayz).

Personally, I'm looking at Opcode Vision.  It is more affordable.
But, I'm waiting to buy it until I get the mac working
satisfactorilly.  I'm currently trying to find an old copy of Stuffit
Expander (or similar binhex program) in a .smi file.  Currently knee
deep in Apple's ftp site looking for such stuff.

--
Joshua D. Boyd