[geeks] Apple at it again

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 5 15:25:15 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> They bought Emagic, makers of high end audio software Logic Audio.
>
> Anyone want to bet on what they will buy next?  I see they still don't
> own any 3D animation software...

Ooooh!  Buy NewTek and make them produce a version for SGI again!  Bah!  That's
about as likely as me buying a sportbike...(an SGI port of lightwave, that
is)...

Apple buying up companies concerns me for one main reason - it helps them hide
a significant amount of red ink in the financial statements.  Normally, when
you see a company going out an snapping up bunches of smaller companies,
they're trying to hide financial losses by playing games with assets and sales
figures.  That might not be the case here, but it has happened more often than
not...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster