[geeks] spam IP blocks

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 5 11:13:29 CDT 2002

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> These are the ones that spamassassin caught, but I'm tired of having to
> delete 100+ mails every day.  I'm just blocking port 25 (SMTP).

Ahh, gotcha.  It should cut down a fair bit on your bandwidth use too.

I guess I'm lucky - I've only used this email address for a handful of
things and only get one or two spams a month, and usually those come from
my ISP.  The last one from them let me buy tickets to see Rush two days
before they went on sale, so I'm not gonna complain!  :-)

I did set things up so that I can easily put SpamAssassin in when (not if)
the spam level rises.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca