[geeks] grrr

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 3 16:15:17 CDT 2002

On July 3, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > > I'm not saying that there shouldn't be non-work safe web sites out
> > > there, but darn it, I wish everyone would at least provide warning
> > > next to their links.
> > >
> > > I clicked on a link about a character in a show I was getting
> > > background info (since my viewing of the show has been spotty), and
> > > found myself on an extremely non-work safe fan-fiction site.
> >
> >   This is a symptom, not a problem.  Time to change jobs.
>
> Of the country more than of a specific company.  The only way really
> awefull links are worksafe are if you know all the other employees
> wouldn't be offended.  That can't happen when there are thousands of
> employees.

  The two big problems that I can see are the "I have the right not to
be offended" attitude and the "my ass is so tight I can make diamonds
from charcoal briquets" problem.

  Both can be solved quickly and easily by suitable application of
automatic weapons.  Jesse Ventura's line in "Predator" comes to mind:
"Old Painless is waitin'."

       -Dave