[geeks] ebay jerk sellers and dealing with nonpaying bidderacusations

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 3 15:24:50 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Assuming tracing the MO costs more than it was written for, what are
> the chances of an appeal suceeding without the trace?  I forget where
> I got the MO at the moment, but there is a good chance it was either
> my bank, a western union one, or from a turkey hill (local minut
> market).  Western union being the least likely.

There's a chance, but it may be slim.  The trace could show that the seller
deposited the money order in his account, or cashed it somewhere.  It could
also show that someone else cashed it, in which case you at least have proof
that you sent him the money order.  The reciept slip shows that you purchased
the money order, but it doesn't prove that you sent it to the seller.
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster