[geeks] Tru64 licensing/availability...

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jul 3 10:37:52 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.03 15:27 Eric Dittman wrote:

> The "a" does have an option to switch to SRM.
Aha. I don't know the "a" as I have a "au". I have somthing in my head
that DEC made it non-trivial to switch the "a" to the "au"... I looked
for that option in the AlphaBIOS of my Alpha PC164 board and could not
find it. As the AlphaBIOS was somewat outdated I simply flashed a SRM
and the NT loader was gone...

> The option to switch to SRM is in the Advanced Setup section
> of the Setup menu
I know.

> If the SCSI controller isn't on the slot board, then you
> have an earlier model.
The SCSI controller is an extra PCI card...

> Another way to tell you have an
> earlier model is if you don't have USB ports.
... and no USB. I dim remember that NetBSD also said that I have the
older version, as NetBSD probes for the various bugs in the Pyxis core
logic chipset.

> The earlier models also had an Intel controller for IDE,
Who cares about IDE?
--

tsch,
         Jochen